Written By: Robyn Shulman
Teachers can make extra money in the summer.
We all know that most teacher salaries could use an extra boost. Here are some tips teachers can use to make extra money over the summer, both online and offline.
1. Online Surveys: There are some serious online surveys that will pay you decent amounts of money for your opinion. Check out the following sites: Free Paid Surveys or FindFocusGroups. If you are in the Chicago land area, Smith Research, consistently has ongoing on-site surveys. Their surveys typically include a round-table group session covering different subject areas. They are fun, and they pay excellent (sometimes $100.00 for an hour of your time).
2. Tutor: You can tutor either privately or for a company. Wyzant and tutor.com will hire you to tutor and they can find jobs in your area fairly quickly (but they do take a cut from the money you bring in).
3. Start a blog and put up ads: If you like to write, you can also make a bit of money on the side by blogging. There are many free platforms to start a blog (blogger, hubpages, and wordpress are some free platforms for getting started). Google Ad Sense is a great place to start if you want to throw a few ads up. Blog for sites that will pay you to write! Here is a list of some common sites: about.com, squidoo.com, and http://www.sponsoredreviews.com.
4. Sell your own personal items on EBay: If you are cleaning out your house this summer, instead of throwing out old books and such, put those items up for sale on EBaby. You can even open up your own store on eBay.
You will be surprised at how much you can possibly sell, and how much extra money you can make!
5. Write and self-publish a book or manual: You can now write a guide, manual or even a book and self-publish it! Take a look at Smashwords. You can submit your book, and if approved, they will disperse it to places such as Barnes and Nobles, Apple, and more!
6. Give your advice: Places such as justanswer will pay you to answer questions!
7. Sell your crafts: Places such as etsy will let you put up your own store and sell your crafts.
8. Write for freelancing gigs: Facebook4Freelancers.com list some great short term gigs.
Education consultants make decent money.
9. Become an education consultant in your area of expertise: You can advertise for free in places such as Craig’s list, your local grocery stores, and within some online newspapers.
10. Check out elance: They are always looking for people to fill short term projects, and many can be done from home!
Extra money is nice, but don’t forget to unwind, relax and enjoy the summer you so greatly deserve.