5 Reasons Why Your Education (Or Any) Company Needs A Blog
Written By: Robyn Shulman
Social media and publishing a blog go hand-in-hand.
As many of those who have moved forward with social media in education, there are just as many who have avoided the tools completely. For various reasons, social media can be intimidating, scary, and considered another chore. However, if one is in any business (even education) he/she must be willing to accept the fact that social media is here to stay and the possibilities are endless in regard to sales, relationships, and growth. One major tool that many companies have not taken advantage of is blogging. Blogging is a very powerful tool, and if your company does not have a current writer, you may want to look into this ever-growing change in advertising.
Why Do I Need A Blog?
1. SALES: B2B companies who have a running blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not have a blog. B2C companies will generate 88% more leads per month, and those with a website who host a blog will have 55% more visitors compared to those who do not have a blog.
2. CONNECTING: Word of mouth and references are still the number one way valid sales are made. However, by using a blog you are connecting with your customers in a way that was never possible. You are a person and any reader can see and feel the connection. You have a voice that will be heard and shared. There is no underestimating the power of a personal connection.
3. TRUST: By connecting with your customers, you are creating trust. Mom and pop shops are still the best and they need to stay up to date with their advertising strategies. The phone book, mailers, and other physical resources are simply not ‘in’ any longer. There is a true feeling of trust that can be displayed via a blog. People like to know what is going on in a company and it is through a blog that these relationships can be built.
4. SEO: Meaning, search engine optimization. Google absolutely loves blogs. If you want customers to find you and/or to be found quicker, you truly need this tool. Blogs have higher rankings on all search engines and this is where you have the place to insert the keywords searchers type in to find you. In blog land, they always say content is king, but you must provide the content!
5. SUBSCRIBERS: Once you have a blog, you can put up a newsletter subscription form! By sending out newsletters, you have free email marketing sitting right at your fingertips.
The next part of this series will cover 5 more reasons your company needs a blog. In the meantime, please look at this info graphic to see how blogs truly make a difference.
Have questions about starting a blog? Looking for a trusted writer?
Please leave a comment or contact me: email@example.com.
To view service and pricing information, please visit here.