EdCast Partners with Consumer Electronics Show’s Extreme Tech Challenge
I am honored to share exciting news about the Extreme Tech Challenge from EdCast.
New Technology 2015: If you have not used the platform, I encourage you to do so. There are various ways to learn and collaborate-listen and join conversations with top experts, host or join communities and share your own content. You will also find all United Nations supported communications for the 17 Sustainable Development Goals supported by EdCast; this ongoing information can be found at https://www.sdsnedu.org/. Pass the knowledge please and learn more about the Extreme Tech Challenge. Follow me on EdCast too.
EdCast Insight Series to host live Q&As with Extreme Tech Challenge top 25 Semifinalists
New Computer Technology: EdCast, the fast-growing social knowledge network, today announced it is partnering with Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC), the first start-up competition in conjunction with the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and Sir Richard Branson. Extreme Tech Challenge’s top 25 semi-finalists will be featured in live, interactive interviews starting Wednesday, Nov. 11 at www.Edcast.com/ExtremeTechChallenge. EdCasters will be able to ask questions and receive answers in real time.
“By partnering with EdCast (one of the top 10 tech sites), Extreme Tech Challenge is allowing audience members at home to ultimately factor into the judges’ decision-making process to choose the top 10 finalists. We are thrilled to bring the Live Insights Series to the next level through this partnership, where we’ll be offering a unique learning experience unlike anything CES has seen before,” says Karl Mehta, EdCast’s CEO and Founder.
More than 1,000 high quality startups around the world entered for a chance to present live on stage in Las Vegas at CES for a shot at pitching Sir Richard Branson. This year’s Top 25 list includes innovative companies from the United States, London, Spain, France, Ireland. They represent some of the biggest trends in technology and are taking innovative approaches to solving pain points across many industries from healthcare and finance to emergency services and robotics.“The Extreme Tech Challenge is looking to help killer teams with product / market fit to scale their companies with visibility, and resources from a great network,” explains Extreme Tech Co-founder Bill Tai.
Extreme Tech: Built on Social Good and Giving Back
EdCast’s Live Insights Series launched in September and is the first interactive setting for global influencers to share their specialized insights to help better the world. The series’ mission is letting knowledge seekers and lifelong learners interact and gain bite-sized pieces of knowledge from a wide range of specialists to help understand and answer global issues. Participants who join the series can ask questions and connect with influencers in real time—for free.
- Top 10 announced Nov. 29, 2015 at 9:00am on NBC Bay Area’s Press: http://www.pressheretv.com/
- Top 10 present LIVE on stage at CES in Venetian Bellini Ballroom 2003, Jan. 8, 2016, 2p-4p PT. Open to all CES attendees.
- Top 3 pitch Sir Richard Branson on Necker Island Feb. 11, 2016 to see who will be crowned Extreme Tech Champion.
Top 25 Prize:
1 YEAR FREE TABLE.CO PRO ACCOUNT TABLE addresses the importance of innovation in a changing world and how people and organizations are adapting as they migrate from “closed and internal” to “open and scalable” models. It’s a frictionless ecosystem that bridges the boundaries of the enterprise, allowing users to build their profiles, find the right people, connect, communicate, and work together on secure tables.
Latest Gadgets and Technology: Top 25 On The List
- Admetsys: Smart artificial pancreas that stabilizes glucose levels. Boston, MA
- Ambercycle: Making microbes that break down waste plastic at scale. San Francisco, CA
- August Home: Creating smart home access products including keyless door entry. San Francisco, CA
- Bloom Technologies: Wearable with analytics for prenatal health. San Francisco, CA
- Captive Media: Interactive media/advertising platform for men with extremely unique engagement London, UK
- Genomic Expression: Genetic testing of tumors to provide targeted treatment of cancer. New York, NY
- Giroptic: 360°/VR camera where photos and videos aren’t limited to a single frame. Lillie, France
- Abra: Digital money transfer network for any smartphone using Blockchain for identity Mountain View Acres, CA
- HobbyDB: Database of every collectible ever made where users can buy and sell. Boulder, CO
- Hooch: Subscription-based cocktail service allowing users to get free drinks daily for a month. New York, NY
- Kickfurther: Crowdfunding inventory platform helping brands go-to-market sooner. Boulder, CO
- KonnectAgain: Creating a powerful alumni network platform for colleges and corporations to increase engagement. Ireland
- Mainframe: Say goodbye to email. Messaging that focuses on productivity and purpose. London, UK
- MainTool: Watch straps that make any standard watch smart. Madrid, Spain
- MassRoots: Largest & fastest growing social network for the cannabis community
- Megabots: Sports entertainment franchise featuring giant fighting robots San Francisco, CA
- RapidSOS: (Enhanced 911 service that connects mobile-app users with emergency dispatch centers Boston, MA
- Revolar: Wearable safety device that instantly summons help. Boulder, CO
- Sanovas: Micro-surgical devices enabling minimally invasive surgery San Rafael, CA
- ScoreStream: Crowdsourcing sports scores for high school & local sports. San Diego, CA
- Sixense: Wireless motion tracking system creating a full-body virtual reality experience Los Gatos, CA
- SmartPlate: Instantly analyzes what you eat. Philadelphia, PA
- Sphero: Consumer robots including Star Wars’ BB-8 app-enabled Droid. Boulder, CO
- Tripcipe: Tool brings all trip planning on to one platform. Palo Alto, CA
- Vantage Robotics: Making the safest flying drone with camera and smart tracking.
Read more about EdCast and Extreme Tech on this site too.
EdCast is a social knowledge network built in an effort to enhance our ability to collaborate and learn. EdCast Knowledge NetworksTM power social, mobile and cloud-based learning for world-class institutions, enterprises, governments and nonprofits and enables millions of lifelong learners to collaborate. The EdCast executive team has a track record of building large-scale transformational technology; all are passionate about the global impact of mobile and online education. EdCast is a Stanford StartX company backed by tier one VC firms. The Company is based in Mountain View CA, with offices worldwide. Will you be next to join the Extreme Tech Challenge?