Do you work in a Head Start or Early Head Start Program? Are you interested in scholarships and staff development?
Gateways is offering scholarships for a limited time to practitioners working in Illinois Head Start and Early Head Start part day and part year programs. A Gateways Scholarship may help you pay the cost of tuition and fees, to gain additional education, go through staff development and/or earn a degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. This is a limited time offer available for Fall 2012, Winter 2012 and Spring 2013 terms.
If you have already enrolled in fall semester classes, apply by October 31st 2012, for a reimbursement.
Eligibility requirements for the Gateways Scholarship Program or for Head Start/Early Head Start programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
Work in a center/site director assistant director teacher teacher assistant/aide, have been employed at a Head Start/Early Head Start program for a minimum of one year, work 15 hours per week on a continuous employment basis (includes work and benefit time), meet wage requirements and be a citizen of the United States or legal resident. Recipients must also commit to future work in early care and education or school-age care based on scholarship type. Gateways Scholarship funding for this initiative is limited.
Contact me today for more information, discuss staff development, credentials and to set up your FREE advising appointment.
Gateways to Opportunity is a statewide professional and staff development support system designed to provide guidance, encouragement, and recognition to individuals and programs serving children, youth, and families. Resources and services provided by Gateways to Opportunity include Credentials, Professional Development Advisors, Great START, Gateways to Opportunity Registry, the Illinois Trainers Network, and Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program and FREE Academic Advising.
I provide FREE academic advising for Gateways to Opportunity. If you or anyone you know has early childhood goals related to finding a job, career advice, professional development, staff development, credentials, and/or going back to school, please feel free to contact me now to set an appointment.
You can fill out a contact form here.
FREE services include:
- Exploring careers in early care and education and/or school-age care.
- Creating a professional development plan.
- Guidance in building a professional portfolio.
- Locating available courses and professional development opportunities in your area.
- Providing information about different early care and education and/or school-age care credentials/certificates and their requirements.
- Staff development suggestions and resources
- Sharing resources for financial assistance to be used for coursework or training.
- Coaching you on how to find the information you need to accomplish your goals.
- Finding help with basic English or math skills, or support for learning the English language.
I look forward to helping you!