This program is about to launch, and our beta site is up for registration at Your Life School.
We’re still collecting donations to kick it off. If you can help, even with the smallest donation, we appreciate it.
You can donate here directly via PayPal or through our Facebook Fundraiser.
Our goal is $3,000.00 to fully launch this learning community.
We appreciate your time and donation!
LinkedIn for high school and college students
👉 You’re thinking about college. Did you know there are over 6 million admissions counselors from different colleges on LinkedIn? Have you thought about reaching out to them?
👉 You just came home from college. Or, maybe you’re a parent, and your child just finished school and s/he is ready to move back home.
👉 Did you know that 85% of jobs filled today are through networking?
👉 What if you took a 4-6 year window time-frame to learn about a specific career and industry?
👉 What if you used those 4 years to build out your network so by the time you finish high school or college you already have a built-in network to help you find an internship or a new job?
Get Ahead Now
Don’t be the young adult who sends out résumés only to find out that they end up in the rejection pile because a computer didn’t pick up your keywords.
👉 You don’t want to wait for hiring managers to call you.
👉 Odds are, if you have no solid connections to a company, you’re going to have a much more challenging time finding a job. Why? Hiring is not what it used to be, and sending out cold résumés with no warm connections or referrals doesn’t work anymore.
👉 You don’t want to be saddled with debt, a degree and no job.
👉 And, neither do your parents or guardians.
👉 Step back and begin now.
👉 If you want to find success, it’s not only about what you know–most importantly, it’s who you know. And, getting started with creating critical business relationships should begin now.
Did you know that over 90% of recruiters find their talent on LinkedIn? And, right now is the best time to begin your professional journey.
LinkedIn for High School and College Students: The Program
This program includes group coaching with me, profile reviews, feedback, ideas and bi-monthly Facebook live sessions to answer all of your pressing questions.
We also provide a private course with this group for those who want to get ahead before they graduate. We will be building this course together.
LinkedIn for high school and college students: Meet your teacher
My name is Robyn Shulman, M.Ed., and I’m a certified educator. LinkedIn recently named me the #1 Top Voice in Education. I’m a seven year beta-tester for LinkedIn, and I also write for Forbes, where I cover the intersection of education and entrepreneurship.
High-Level Class Description:
▫ More than 600 million people are on LinkedIn
▫ Get noticed by colleges, admissions officers, talent scouts, and employers
▫ Make it easy for people who want to learn more about you online when you apply to college, vocational school, or community college
▫ Be listed on the first page of Google when someone types in your name
▫ Find internships and jobs before you graduate college
▫ This is why LinkedIn is the perfect place for high school and college students. Begin to tell your unique story, be found, and build long-lasting, professional relationships
▫90% of recruiters find their talent here-let companies find you
▫Move from a personal to professional online presence
▫Learn how to network
▫Build a professional portfolio over the years
▫Create business relationships years before entering the workforce
Why work with me? There are thousands of LinkedIn coaches..
Yes, there are a lot of people who call themselves LinkedIn coaches. However, my history with the company goes back to 2012.
I’m a certified teacher with an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Development. I have been teaching for many years.
Some notables that make me different than the coaches you’ll find on LinkedIn:
- I’ve been beta testing for LinkedIn since 2012.
- I’ve helped the company build in such areas as mobile, publishing, LinkedIn Learning, apps, Pulse and more.
- In 2012, LinkedIn shared my career story on their member blog and on Slideshare. The deck I created for LinkedIn “Ten Ways LinkedIn Changed My Life In One Year,” has been shared across the globe and within universities over 450,000 times.
- In 2013, LinkedIn named me as one out of three members in their 200-million member press release.
- In 2016, LinkedIn named me as “Someone to Follow” with leading educators such as Hadi Partovi and Vivek Wadhwa. Please see image below.
- Last year, LinkedIn named me the #1 Top Voice in Education out of 500 million people.
- I have unique insight into how to best use LinkedIn to build your personal brand, grow your business, and position yourself as a thought-leader in your niche.
- I currently have over 230,000 followers on the platform. However, those are not numbers, those are people and relationships.
- I’m also a writer who contributes to Forbes covering the intersection of education and entrepreneurship.
More About the Program: How to use LinkedIn Effectively and Build Important Relationships over 4 Years Before Entering the Workforce
- Creating a top-notch profile–including your picture, background image, writing your headline, bio (how to tell your story), using data, adding media, the importance of keywords, and past employment
- How to be found by admission officers, find potential internships, connect with recruiters, and build out business relationships now instead of spending hours looking for jobs, wasting time, and sending out endless resumes that don’t work
- Bio: Learn how to describe who you are, who you help, and how you help them in a compelling way
- Why recommendations and endorsement of skills matter-and how to grow these areas of your profile
- The importance of social proof on your profile–show me, don’t tell me
Building Your Brand On LinkedIn
- How to find your voice and grow your brand
- How to sell yourself without selling
- How to find your audience and connect with them in the right way
- How to use your education as a platform and portfolio of growth to connect with the right people and build your network
Networking, Thought-Leadership & Growth
- Learn how to network and use social media the right way
- How to stand out among your competition
- How to create engaging thought-leadership content (and why it matters)
- The best way to build professional relationships
- Choosing the best content (text, links to articles, videos, LinkedIn live, blog posts)
- Best day/times to post
- How to build a supportive LinkedIn community with your peers
- How to leverage LinkedIn–understanding that it is a long term investment
- The importance of having patience on the platform
- The importance of writing
LinkedIn Extras (Groups, Company Pages & Things To Avoid)
- LinkedIn groups–yes or no?
- How to create your company page
- The value of LinkedIn Showcase Pages–how to use them to tell your stories and grow your business
- The top five things you should never do on LinkedIn
- Beta right now: LinkedIn events and LinkedIn Live
This program is for those who:
Want to learn how to create a positive digital footprint so employers, college admission officers and talent scouts can find you.
Understand the value of LinkedIn
- Want to get ahead at a young age–begin learning how to network now before you enter the workforce
Want to use LinkedIn to grow their brand or business and is fully committed to doing the work
Want to join a community of serious like-minded people
- Know that LinkedIn is a long-term investment in time
- Can spend up to one year working with me
- Want to go into the depth of real learning that includes everything about the platform
- Want to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others
- May be in a transformational period and want to build a new brand for themselves through thought-leadership, writing, video or other means of innovate communication
- Entrepreneurs who want to build their brand on LinkedIn
This program is not for those who:
- Don’t believe that LinkedIn can help you
- Who want to become “LinkedIn Famous” for no reason
- Think LinkedIn is a joke and just another place to post silly videos
- Think LinkedIn is just a resume holder
- Are not open to networking
- Are not willing to do the work it takes to grow your brand or business through thought-leadership
- Are overcome with fear when it comes to “getting out there”
- Only want to grow their brands quickly and become an “Influencer”
- Are not fully committed to at least one year
Are looking for high-level information
Ready to join? We can’t wait to work with you! Please make sure to fill out the form below, too!
Here is what you get immediately:
- Access to our private group coaching here
- Monthly live question and answer with me
- Beta and building out the course together which will include modules, swipe files, templates, and endless amounts of updated information
- Lifetime access to the group and the course
Reserve your seat now.
One time registration gives you access to the course, resources, group coaching and Q & A with me twice a month.
What you get:
Full access to me
Learn everything you need to know about LinkedIn
Ask any question
Learn from your peers
An online course that we will build together so I can understand where you are and what you need
Course also includes all of the topics above
Live Q & A sessions twice a month
Pricing varies upon student and school districts. Please fill out the correct form for further information below.